04-10-2018, 11:17 AM   #141
Vincz
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chihuahua View Post
OK, so we are about 45 days into this and here is my experience:

We have DirecTV Now, biggest package they had and added HBO. Cost is about $75. You are allowed no more than two concurrent streams on one account; it's not a problem for use since there's only two of us here. Both TVs that we watch the most are on Apple TV 4th gen boxes.

DirecTV Now DOES freeze up from time to time, definitely much more than it ever did when we were on cable. Most times you can resolve it by changing the channel, then going back to what you were watching. But it is HIGHLY annoying when it happens. Yesterday I had to reload the ID channel SIX FRIGGING TIMES just to get it to stream video and sound (I was getting video, no sound). Sometimes it happens so often that you literally give up on watching whatever show you were enjoying. It does happen to us on some channels more than others for some reason. I connected the Apple TV devices directly to the router the CAT5 cables, and that helped out a touch with the freezing and picture quality. Internet provider is solid, speeds are right where they should be so I know that's not the issue. Two weeks ago DTV Now's entire system crashed for about 30 minutes. It's a shame because the DTV interface is great as is the channel lineup. Also, some network's apps don't give you access with your DTV Now account. Lack of DVR is also no bueno. They have some work to do over there, I feel like this is still a Beta version not quite ready for prime time.

I'm going to give DTV about another 90 days until the trial period is up, then we're going to give Playstaion Vue a try.
We had the exact same experience, now on playstation VUE for 40$ a mo, its MUCH better
Appreciate 0