View Single Post
      03-22-2013, 08:36 PM   #74
NikB316
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M5 Competition, F83 M4

Good find regarding the other product : http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812356

Funny how a totally different person and different (similar goal) product seem to also have the "imaginary" benefits I mentioned of the rear feeling more solid and the DCT functioning much better. I guess it's quite an imaginary world we are living in...

This is only directed at those who went a little over the top with saying my claims were imaginary and totally impossible. Just had to say it after checking out that link

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
VCM, Swamp, Malek - can either of you elaborate on how this product differs from a solid rear subframe (such as that discussed in THIS thread)? Is one a more thorough solution? Does one offer benefits that the other doesn't? Does one create negative effects that the other doesn't? Difficulty of install? It's a newb question, I know. But I'm contemplating a solution along these lines and am trying to understand the fundamental difference, to see which solution is (1) more thorough and (2) applies best to me)

Rick,

Maybe you can also comment on my above questions in regards to the difference between this solution and a Solid rear subframe. Would appreciate your input.

In addition to those questions, I noticed you discussed suspension as one of the contributing factors to creating the wheel hop. You mentioned that the suspension "amplifi[es] this motion via the springs." Do you find that that stiffer suspension (such as KW clubsports) minimize this motion/effect? If so, does this product still offer a worthwhile/noticeable improvement in wheel hop for a car that is equipped with a stiffer suspension.

I'm also curious to know (1) the weights of each of these units using each of the differing materials you mentioned (including Titanium) and (2) the prices for each of the differing materials (again including Titainum). If you're not comfortable mentioning price here in the open forums, feel free to PM me with pricing information.

Thanks to all. And sorry for the inexperienced question.

- esquire

2014 M5 Competition Alpine/Sakhir
BMS Tune. Undercover Performance Custom Downpipes & Connector. H&R 10mm Spacers. BMW CF Rear Spoiler. IND Cosmetics. ALP & BEL Radar & Laser.
2011 Space Grey E92 M3 AA Gen 2 Lvl 3 586whp 398wtq SAE (sold)
Appreciate 0