View Single Post
      01-03-2012, 10:41 PM   #19
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitw View Post
Wow, you've made yourself out to be an idiot. I'm allowed to say that because I made the same mistake you are making. Stop while you're behind.

The front strut has the stack height on top of the spring and then the spring. Nothing else matters until the lower spring perch. Richard pointed out that not only is the stack height on the GC plate higher, but it extends both above and below the spring. The portion above the spring will directly affect ride height, but the portion inside the spring won't. It will move the strut piston up, increasing the effective amount of travel.

Remember to keep in mind what surface you are shaving. You are NOT shaving the portion above the spring or where the spring mounts, you are shaving the part where the strut piston mounts. the strut now protrudes more into the engine bay.

Hopefully you'll understand this and we can get back to a civil discussion about suspension bits.
Nice to see you around Kit..we missed you...at least I did anyway Hows the 997.2S? Licking my chops with the 991 soon to be out.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk
Appreciate 0