02-09-2012, 05:41 AM   #21
LateBraking
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Relatively Quick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbauer View Post
I can atest to how strong the rear suspension is. I had a client put his M3 through a median. The right rear wheel bearing was pushed so hard it cracked the spindle. I replaced both upper arms and the toe rod as precaution. When I removed the 3 arms, i lined them up to the new ones, none of them were bent. However the retaining bolts that hold them into the spindle were all bent slightly. Most cars would fold the arms like tacos and damage the subframe joints....not the e90 m3!!!!
Damn, that's good info though. I feel that the E46 with the weaker suframe would have probably gone kaput. BMW probably got sick of the subframe class action and just made it beefy as hell to avoid the same issue.

No complaints from me though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stega View Post
Agreed...

FYI I am installing the vorshlag urethane motor mounts and VAC's diff bushings/mounts soon here, I have already ordered both...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I like the engine mounts but it really depends on the person. If you are sensitive to NVH...the Vorshlag mounts are definitely not for you. Especially if you have a 6mt...this is a good upgrade. Shifting is much better under heavy acceleration...much crisper. Helps a lot with heel toe downshifting.
I do have 6MT. How much of a PITA is it to install the mount? Any updates?
Appreciate 0