01-16-2010, 04:44 AM   #118
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP Racing - Chris_B View Post
I don't have all the parts here at the moment to do a proper comparison. If someone has the Brembo weights, the AP numbers are easy to come by.

I do know the current Brembo caliper is a monoblock design, which means it could be a bit lighter. Of course being a monoblock, it will give up in stiffness to a proper 2-piece caliper design. Also, the pads are a bit easier to change on the AP caliper if that is a concern to you for track days. Pad choices are nearly unlimited.

AP's calipers have been benefiting recently by lessons learned in the development of their dominant Radi-Cal racing calipers. Many of the current road car caliper designs have been reviewed and updated. Some of these changes are nearly imperceptible, but nothing has been done that didn't result in a quantifiable improvement in stiffness or strength (or both).

Chris

Chris,

I am very interested in your front BBK for my e90m3
especially now that you said this kit consists of the same components as you get in Europe.

I will be using this BBK once a month @ the track for HPDE events...
This will consist of 4-5 25min. sessions per event ... and each session will include a warm-up lap, 4-5 hot laps, and a properly slow, cool-down lap (all with in-car video & GPS data logger),

My worry is 'overheating' -- since that was/IS a major issue with the OE brake system (even w race pads, proper fluid & SS Lines).
I would be using Motul 600 and PFC01 pads (if fitment is available).

My question is; what guarantee, warranty and/or support can I expect from AP/Stillen if this BBK overheats (melts components like dust boot seals) and fails to meet my aforementioned expectations ??

And what is the pad shape number for reference?

Thanks
Appreciate 0