View Single Post
      11-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #1
wuzupfoo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3; G30 540i

I think I found a new hobby!

Hey guys finally made it on to the track for the first time and boy was it a great time!

I went to a NASA event at Buttonwillow (counterclockwise) and I had a blast! Let me just add that the NASA experience is great for beginners/complete noobs because of the attitude of safety first. I was very relieved by this atmosphere and there werent too many asshats there. There were only a couple incidents of dangerous passing which were quickly reprimanded. Overall I felt very safe during the event and totally recommend their events for those just starting if you cant make a CCA event.

The first day I was lucky enough to get a national champion driver as an instructor who drilled the proper line in while going slow. This track was very technical with a ton of late apex turns so it took me awhile to get it since Im not too familiar with how to drive a rear-wheel drive (or any car for that matter) car fast. (M3 is my first FR layout car) Second day the next instructor built on that and helped me push the car. Let me just say I fell in love with my car all over again!

I was able to have a great final run where I put it all together and was very happy with my progress. Got a ton of compliments on my progress from my instructor as he said typically most ppl dont advance so quickly when they are complete track noobs, I think I can credit Forza for getting at least concepts in my brain which I was able to put to action once I got comfortable. Who says videogames are completely useless!! In the end I was sad it was over already and all want to do is go out again!!

I cant wait till the spring for more trackdays!!

Appreciate 0