View Single Post
      05-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #20
Hyperjack
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 E92/ 2012 Chevy Volt

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipaway37 View Post
....I did experience a screw up when applying a paint protection film, but finally got that resolved with the Expel Stealth PPF; however, this PPF apparently doesn't work with all frozen colors......
would like to hear more about your experiences with this film. i can't seem to find one that won't add a gloss look to my car or a matt one that will "dull" out the look even more , causing a strange contrasting look to the panels that are covered against the panels that aren't.

Quote:
..... Yesterday when leaving home for work I noticed a nasty gull poop on an a-pillar that I somehow missed when leaving work, so it had baked in the sun and sat all night! I said to myself, "Oh shit!" I grabbed my Chemical Guys Meticulous Matte Detailer and the poop actually came right off with NO etching, etc. I was SO freaking relieved!......
this is a very important point. BMW ,IMO, has kind of fanned the flames of hysteria with their precautionary statements of having to remove bug/bird messes immediately. what exactly is "immediately"? if it's in the context of a regular gloss car, it means as soon as you can get to it....not pull over to the side of the road and take car of it now!

it's good to hear that your experience is no different that what a regular car would be like.

plus, if you use product like swisswax , that adds another layer of protection from problems like that.

Quote:
.....Except now I'm pissed because I can't figure out how to reduce the size of my pics (especially my new wheels) even when taking pics at the lowest pixel setting. I'll figure it out one of these days and hopefully soon because I've got to get rid of my old 335xi profile pic!!!
i hope i understand your problem correctly....

if you want to reduce your photos in size so they'd be easier to post online....why not try photoshop? it's easy to change the dpi and the actual size with that program.

there are also other photo manipulation programs out there that are not as pricey as PS.
Appreciate 0