View Single Post
      07-02-2012, 10:33 AM   #16
E90 87ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: !

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamS View Post
Ever had to keep an '80s Chevy car or truck running for more than a year straight?
x2...

As far as gearboxes:

DD: auto/semi automatic
Weekend car: Manual
Track car: DCT or some other variation (Rather be fast)

If anybody has driven a high hp/torque car in the rain without TC they know how difficult it is for you to pull out on the road with oncoming traffic (RWD).

Aside from the rain I love not having electronic nannies. However, in many ways I do appreciate diagnostic sensors despite the fact that they fail quite frequently. Tuning on newer car is much easier than tuning a blow through carburetor with a supercharger or a regular carb... Many of the old school muscle guys drop LS engines into their cars for this very reason... Reliability with newer cars is much better...

For that raw thrill of driving a new "real car" than simply buy a new car, strip and part out the car (you can make quite a bit back), and swap whatever drivetrain you want in it... After all if you are truly a car person you would have no problem doing this, it's not like any manufacturer ever made a perfect car that fit everyone's taste or driving style... I'm still a huge fan on of modern technology for features such as: HUD, adaptive headlights, keyless go, and rain sensing wipers...

Last edited by E90 87ss; 07-03-2012 at 04:54 PM..
Appreciate 0