01-27-2014, 07:56 AM   #67
jritt@essex
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 335i, NSX, 997.2, 987.1

Thanks for the nice comments gents.

Quote:
This may be a bit of a poser question but have you considered anodizing in different colors? Like it or not even guys that order racing BBK's often do so for looks as much as performance...and I would love to see you guys as successful as possible in offering such a great alternative to what's already out there.
Thanks for the suggestion, but for the near future I don't foresee these coming in any color other than the anodized grey. Having multiple colors complicates the situation tremendously. One of our goals is to always have these on the shelf and ready to ship the same day the customer orders them. That goes for spares as well. If you have three colors of caliper for example, that triples your inventory requirement. Since we are now building kits for various BMW's, Corvettes, FT86, Subaru, Lancer Evo, Ford, Honda, etc, the inventory requirement would triple across all of those platforms and any others we have in development. That inventory requirement also travels back up the manufacturing chain as well, creating greater caliper inventory requirements for AP Racing, longer delivery times from England, etc.

Multiple colors is definitely a good idea, but just not critical to what we're trying to achieve currently. Right now we're focusing on developing products that will provide the absolute best performance at a competitive price, as well as a top-tier customer buying/ownership experience. Other concerns will take a back seat for the time being. Hopefully that makes sense, and thanks again for the suggestion.
Appreciate 0