06-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #54
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johto View Post
They were replaced with new original bearings. I asked the mechanic that has bmw updated the bearings in some point and he said yes and the updated ones should have some kind of new coating. Do you or someone else have fact about that?

M3 is my second car and it sits most of the time in my garage so it doesn't get more than about 5000-8000km per year so the new bearings are good for me quite many years from now on
Same thing here with my car it's not my DD , and it hangs on my CTEK battery charger over the weekends .
I only drive it only in summer , and store it in winter in my garage to avoid roadsalt .
------------------------------
As for you bearings ,
Your mechanic probably means the aluminum bearings , BMW had to do it for the Euro-Environmental requirements because lead was forbitten in Europe .
And actually they are the same , because sadly we see them fail as well with high and low miles/km's on it => http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786615
-----------------------------
The biggest disappointment for me personal of the last two years was to see last week that they are failing as well (2 cases within a year) with replaced (aftermarket) bearings from suppliers who thought that they were better with a bigger clearance for better oil supply and with a coating .
Huge respect for those people for their research and development , but personal I think we need to search in another direction to find the real fix for the S65 worldwide bearing trouble .
I'm sorry..But for the moment I/we can only hope for...

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 1
Davisca4552207.50