View Single Post
      11-21-2007, 02:07 AM   #20
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Ugh

This thread is embarrasing. A bunch of poseurs talking about only wanting a car for looks and image. Are there any true enthusiasts among all you who are saying these things? If you really think this way do indeed go blow your money on a car that so many poseurs do as well, Porsche. But paying for image really costs you big time there.

Hmmm what's next, 335i outperforms the E46 M3? Not quite, it certainly does not outperform it at the Nurburgring (8:26 vs. 8:22). It will not out brake it and it does not outperform it in acceleration. The cars are very close 0-60 and 1/4 mi with most apples to apples test finding the E46 M3 slightly faster. Either way a total drivers race.

335i stock vs. E92 M3. 0-60 is going to be about .5 seconds (was the decimal off in the quote of .04s??).

Hmmm what's next E92 M3 vs. Porsche. E92 M3 will destroy a Boxster, destroy a Cayman, destroy a 911 and pretty much run neck in neck with a 911S. Don't believe my claims, just check this thread that tracks all of these figures.

A modded 335i is going to be a darn quick car and nice performer but it will be a long shot from the M3 is the twisties, in braking and in fun factor for sure. Is all that you guys care about is 0-60? I know I value 0-60 as well, it is hard letting go of "bragging rights", but at least look at 0-100, it is a better measure of a cars ability.
Appreciate 0