View Single Post
      11-04-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Driving in Rome (and possibly Italy in general) is a nightmare. I'd highly recommend against it. There are very few rules. Everyone tailgates to within an inch of your car while traveling at high speeds. It's just a really stressful experience if you're not used to it. It's stressful for me even sitting int he passenger seat of a cab.

You should check out amalfi coast if you want one of the most beautiful, scenic drives in Italy.

Pompeii has very poor healthcare. If you get a heart attack in pompeii, you're pretty much gone. I had a medical emergency in pompeii and there were no ambulances to take me to a hospital. I had to wait 20 minutes for a cab which then drove me for 30-40 minutes to the closest hospital. The hospital was completely unsanitary (there were feces smeared all over the walls) and the standard of care was relatively poor (sterilization standards were shoddy, there was no soap available, hospital workers didn't use gloves, etc.)

Edit: I should mention the driving habits above are for southern Italy. The wealthier areas of Italy (northern Italy) may be different.

Last edited by NemesisX; 11-04-2013 at 08:28 PM..
Appreciate 0