View Single Post
      03-15-2011, 07:11 AM   #50
jmflukeiii
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Jet Black M3 ZCP Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I think most people here are full of crap... Mostly because of the risk of a ticket. If you redline in 1st to 2nd and then again shifting to 3rd, you're speeding. And it's not like this car can blend in with others exactly. I've been lucky to not get any tickets here in the US yet, because I've definitely been speeding a few times, but how much fun can you have when you lose your license for going 100 in a 60 zone? Maybe I'm just paranoid because I live in Virginia...

Unless it's exclusively a track car, I just don't see how you'd be redlining it all the time. I agree with JIO, while it definitely is made for it and it can do it often, that doesn't mean that you should do it all day every day.

But then again, if you have the money to blow, then by all means, it's your money.

I'm glad I got to sew my oats in Germany before I brought it here, although I really do miss cruising at 165 on the Autobahn
A lot of people are very familiar with cop "hot-spots" in their local cities. And redlining on the freeway is not very hard when you drop a gear to pass, you could do that several times a commute.
2011.5 E92 M3 Jet Black, DCT, Competition, Premium 2, and Convenience Packages, Black Novillo, Enhanced Premium Sound, 15% Tint, Black Kidneys/Reflectors/Gills/Roundels, DINAN Full Exhaust, DINAN Tune.
2006 Range Rover Sport Supercharged Black everything.
Appreciate 0