Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
Agreed on the interior color comment. The Jet Black car will have a black interior as well so it will already look a bit dark. hmmm... I may just have to wait till the car gets here and hold a piece of 70% up to it to see. I really like subtle mods and hate black windows. However it is nice to have just that little bit of tint on there so it's not perfectly clear.
Yea, I personally don't feel that 50% (or even 35%) is blacked out. To get that dark (to where you can barely see inside) I think you have to get in the 15 or lower bracket. I don't like that either.

I think you'd be suprised. My 35% on my AW seems a lot lighter than I thought it would be. I was worried at first that it'd be too dark, but ANY light shining on the inside brightens up the interior and makes it look lighter. The front two windows look lighter during the day when the sun is shining in through the windshield (my windshield has nothing on it).

Did you plan on doing the front windshield as well? If so, go with something 70% or higher because it's highly illegal everywhere I think and you don't want it noticed. Plus, the more light that shines in the windshield, the lighter the front two windows will look.

At certain angles, it does look completely opague but at a straight shot standing right next to the car you can see in just fine.