View Single Post
      02-12-2014, 02:58 PM   #99
pkimM3r
Banned
Rep
Drives: m3 saloon in granny mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward View Post
In the post you're quoting I mentioned that the GTS uses wheels studs instead of longer lug bolts. You could sandwich whatever type of spacer you want between your wheel and your hub if you have studs. BMW probably saw it as a much safer and idiot proof way to put spacers on a GTS using nuts and studs than extended lugbolts and spacers.

If you have 5mm spacers with no hub, I think you can get them to fit properly. Your existing hub would slide through the spacer and you'd end up with something like 5-6mm of hub to work with instead of the original 10-11. Only real life experience or an engineer would be able to tell you exactly how much stress you've transferred from your hub to your lug bolts by giving your wheels less hub lip to rest on. Could be nominal.
this is exactly what im doing....just got 5mm to clear the kw cs strut for a 275 tire in the front and i already have stud conversion so we will see on monday.

my cousin has ran shitty 5mm spacers on his eclipse (stud from the factory) and its been what 15 years now?
Appreciate 0