06-07-2010, 09:47 PM   #969
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rom3n View Post
Im not going to get into a discussion about different cars in different countries in an attempt to come to some sort of scientific evaluation on performance.
You're not going to get into a discussion? Then why did you continue to discuss it?

Quote:
The M5 in the video is not ours but I am sure if you do some research you can get the details on it. I’m told it was dyno tested at 500 whp and is one of the fastest NA M5's that runs that event. If you claim otherwise based on information I do not have access to please feel free to share.
It has bolt on's Roman, there's only so much power you can make.

Quote:
I know you are trying to draw some sort of comparison of your kit and how it performs to ours by using our various customers dyno's and video's and comparing them to your personal results but you need to understand for you to accomplish your results you are running a lot more boost than we are and your running race and meth during most of your events.
Actually there's been a few comparisons, nowhere did I make a direct comparison here with my setup, just added to the current conversation. But to clarify I never ran race fuel on my car NA because it didn't do anything, but yes now with FI I run race fuel at times when I do pulls, and always run WM because it's the smart thing to do. Hyperbole much? I am not running a lot more boost than this particular car, only 1.5psi, but it appears that I am actually making the power that I claim as the car is running with cars making more and the Vbox times prove it, also did you not tell me that Larry's car is running 8.5psi, at least it was at Mfest? What did he dyno?

Quote:
You need to also understand that we have currently over 60 E9X M3 supercharger kits installed around the world. Due to different conditions and different cars dyno numbers and performance results will vary. This is why we are conservative when we rate our power. I would not expect you to understand this because your kit is 1 of 1. The only car running your kit that has produced your results is your car because there is only one in existence. When you have one car in one location your test results will not fluctuate much. When there are 10-20 people running your kit in different regions of the world then we can use all of the independent data collected and have a discussion on reliability, consistency and the overall performance of your kit.
You may have a thousand kits out there, that's not relevant to this discussion, the fact is we've only seen performance data/results from a few. Different conditions? I would agree that would affect Vbox times, 1/4 mile times, but not much if the conditions are similar. Regardless when you are running other cars head to head it's irrelevant, both cars in the comparo will be subject to the same conditions, good or bad. I am not the only car running this specific setup, there are 4 others, 3 of which made more power than me at the same boost level, they also have performance data and impressive traps, Vbox times etc.

Quote:
I believe your latest numbers you made 573 whp SAE on 9.8 psi and water / meth and if I read your post correctly you had to make a custom intake to achieve it. These results are good but I would not claim they were made from an off the shelf production kit as you are running 1.3 more psi than a production Gintani stage 2+ kit and a custom made intake. Also you stated that your car made 10-11 psi after you took off your intake. I will tell you that if you are losing 1-2 psi from having your intake installed on your "off the shelf" kit you have a major problem. This would tell me that you have been running a 10-11 psi pulley on the car all this time and you had no idea until you removed the filter. You should make the exact same boost with and without a filter on your kit. I would hope that running a 10-11 psi pulley with meth and race would net you good results.
I made 569 on 91 octane Roman, 0 knock as well. and in another run 579whp at "9psi." They are true/independent dyno #'s and translate to real world runs and Vbox data. It is not a custom intake, it is production, it is currently on all the Gintani cars, except one, and as I explained in my dyno post, the initial intake only influenced dyno runs, performance wise it made little difference, and peak boost was unchanged. I prefer Vbox and comparo runs for my "scientific" testing. Both intakes performed in that regard.

Roman, if you removed the intake off your supercharger kit it will make more boost as well. I don't run 10-11psi, never have on the street, that was in ONE Test pull, the car has seen 7.5 - 9.5psi, and the numbers are real, every Stage 2+ kit should make the power I did, anywhere in the world, no adapting necessary, I can assure you so far they all have, or more. As far as results, I would hope 594 WHP would net your setup good results as well, but it appears when the car adapts those #'s become irrelevant?

Quote:
If you feel the need to continue to compare your kit or any Gintani kit to ours in my thread I can start a new thread and we can have an open technical discussion about the differences between them and we can share results.

Let me know
I haven't compared them, and if I have, so what? I have only made attempts to refute others who have, and those who I feel have posted inaccurate info. I know the differences between them, it appears you don't.
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH
Appreciate 0