08-10-2018, 02:00 PM   #59
cdn240cab
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: M240 Cab

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakoMako View Post
This is more of a reply to people in Calgary.

I have a 2017 m240i with Dinan stage 1, exhaust and sway bar. My car was the first m240i xdrive to arrive in Calgary.

Drivetrain malfunctioned on a highway 3 weeks ago.

The car is currently being repaired. Initially they though it was the throttle body. It was warrantied through Dinan (part delivery took a long time from Germany), but it didn't fix it. Today, the service advisor told me the engine might need to be replaced and are waiting on Dinan's reply. So it seems like I have to wait another month.

So here is what I am getting. They will sell you dinan product if you first void your warranty else where, such as installing Dinan parts at other authorized non-bmw dinan dealership. (Motorwerkes or RCTs Canada in Calgary)There are warranties, it just takes more time than usual as the warranty claim must go through Dinan first, such as any other non-bmw dinan dealership.

So, in a way the warranty exists. Though I will have to wait for them to fix my engine before I can tell you my full experience with this Dinan/bmw warranty. At least the upside is that I got a loaner until the car is fixed.
Thanks for the info, keep us posted on how the repair goes!
Appreciate 1
9krpmrx8808.00