View Single Post
      03-23-2008, 08:48 PM   #314
Mfive
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M5

Please allow me to fan the flames. I recently bought a 2008 M5 at the Lincoln dealership and I won't bore you with the details but they tried to screw me out of $2500. They sold the M5 for $3000 under MSRP but tried to end run BMWNA and charge me for excessive damage and additional lease payments not due on the 745 I was returning (leased).Fortunately I kept documentation of our prebuild/prepurchase agreement and lease termination details which limited my haggling with their finance department to roughly 4 months. I felt like I needed a shower after I left their dealership. I filed a complaint with the BBB after finally clearing the matter.
I agree with previous comments about the sleaze factor and integrity of their employees. They do in fact have considerable turnover in their sales department as well as their floor manager. They have changed every 6-8 months over the last 4 years. I'm not surprised at all by their reaction and comments to their ebay scam.
Unfortunately in Nebraska there are only 2 BMW dealerships and the second in Omaha is ten times worse than Lincoln. I vowed never to set foot in the Omaha dealership (2 miles away)as long as I live due to previous attempts to purchase a vehicle with shadier dealings. Both dealerships get away with this activity because they are the only BMW dealerships in the state.
I personally know the second in command at the Omaha dealership and they would love to have an opportunity to throw dirt on their biggest competitor. I will bait the hook and see what happens. I also will try a contact at the Omaha World Herald to generate more pressure.
Good luck!
Appreciate 0