Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalRPM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePe92 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92friendly View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikePe92 View Post
I'm in the auto industry so I can get insider rates. The issue I'm running into is that a lot of the shops that I use haven't done anything like this (and generally don't work on CF). Is this process something that any competent body shop should be able to do if I show them this link?
Depends what do you want, peel and reclear or replace the whole carbon roof? I wouldn't trust a regular body shop to do so unless there's someone that knows carbon fiber but to replace is easy. I could do that myself all day long. Peeling the roof and to sand a bit is very tricky and takes tons of patience. I wouldn't trust anyone unless it was a specialized shop that works with carbon fiber parts or you personally know someone who knows themselves what to do.
Well, I bit the bullet and had the entire CF roof panel replaced. It's still in the shop but I expect to have it back next week. Pretty big job. Fingers crossed for no rattles.
What shop? Keep us update with pics
The shop is European Collision Center in Downey, CA. The repair was coordinated through my local BMW dealership. They've done quite a few CF roof replacements before, based on what they've told me. They have been very responsive and transparent throughout the process as well, which has been helpful.
I'll post more pics as soon as I have them. Let me know if you guys have any questions or if there's anything I should look out for when I inspect the car.
Finally picked up the car today after over a month at the shop. Here's the new roof.. perfection.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
SoCalRPM885.50