View Single Post
      02-16-2011, 11:09 PM   #54
cwidjojo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by e60cs5 View Post
Hey to each his own... but I completely disagree.

The GT-R is fast, I've spent plenty of time in them. And FWIW, I'd rather drive it then a 2 or 3 year old 911 Turbo, for the money..

But the GT-R is a Nissan....and the interior and fit and finish blows. The knobs suck- the interior is plasticy.. the stereo completely blows....
I'm surpised nobody has mentioned this.
It's fast as hell - no doubt about that, but that's about it, IMO

I could have bought the GT-R, but I chose the M3 for the overall quality and refinement of the car and the fact that the 6MT with the right mods is a truly fun vehicle to drive. I enjoy little things like the interior, the technology, the headlights, the stereo, the wheel, etc, etc

I know my buddy that has 40k on his GT-R loved the M3. (he missed the stick) They're definitely in the same league IMO - just in different ways.
seriously? its a bose...

and i personally think the exterior of the GTR is flawless, including the headlights... the interior, i agree - it LOOKS a bit plasticky (coming from a guy whos never been in one). plus i'd assume the technology like the nav n screen should be way more advanced and better than the idrive considering that its japanese! (watch top gear when JC tested the GTR) not to mention the designer group is that who designed sony's gran turismo
Appreciate 0