07-15-2013, 03:48 PM   #34
SYZ
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: :O

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by regular guy View Post
Interesting. I think what this means, is the Weather Underground site is using station pressure just as I thought. But it also means the dyno is using corrected pressure, which I didn't expect. I always thought the dyno used station pressure as well. I wonder if there's a setting in the dyno software to select between station pressure and corrected pressure. I didn't think there was, but I'm not a dyno operator. :-)

When you input the the weather underground values of 1008mBar and actual altitude of the dyno shop 5826ft, then you get adjusted pressure of 816mBar, which is very close to what the 848 mBar of the dyno. I definitely didn't expect that.

Might be helpful if the OP could post the dates/times, weather, and correction factors of all three dyno sessions to see if they all correlate with the adjusted values.

Thanks for the pointers and hints on this. I'll definitely keep digging into this to make better sense of what the dyno is doing.
Weather underground is posting corrected barometric pressure. Dyno is uncorrected... which makes perfect sense since it needs to be used for calculating a corrected (SAE) number!

Remember, it's the barometer AT SEA LEVEL. So in Denver, the barometer AT SEA LEVEL would be a NEGATIVE 5280.
Appreciate 0