12-12-2009, 11:43 AM   #64
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiVinci View Post
imo this will never end because alot of people are scared of change. Each and every time bmw or any other manufacturer dont do EXACTLY as they did yesterday, somebody bitches and this causes a knee jerk reaction and then everybody starts bitching (probably without even knowing why)

e30 to e36 to e46 to e92... same ols sh*t day by day, constant complaining about size, weight, vanos, double vanos, power,etc etc . There were people complaining about M going with a V8 powerplant, because the old striaght was godly. Now we have die hard V8 fans, some of who were whole heartedly against it just a few years ago.

and when M goes F/I and delivers like they always have... what then, yep you guessed it.... you wait for the next thing to b*tch about

I personally love the V8 and the way it delivers its power but at the same time i welcome the change, because without evolution we would still be driving model T's
In my honest opinion, if you complain about the evolution of the M brand and threaten to switch loyalities then you can't rightly call yourself an M fan at all.

So based on the reations we have had over the last few months I imagine this will be a very lonely place in a couple of years.
Appreciate 0