View Single Post
      04-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #90
richb811
Rep
Drives: 2020 G20 330i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. ///M3 RD View Post
Great job

PS. I can appreciate what effort and work went into this my first ever e28 1987 535is is still with us (at the time of purchase in 1987 was one step below the then ///M5) and we are maintaining her as much as we can. She's got new front fenders, new bumpers and a complete original paint job since some one in Toronto keyed the car in 2000 all around including the hood and trunk ... she will always be with us

I am a sucker for a well kept E28 Mr.///M3 She looks fantastic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPig View Post
That's actually a decent price for what looks to be an amazing piece. Does he have a site?

The engine is probably the only part of the car the PO took decent care of. When I got her last year I had to patch 5 holes in the rockers and another hole in the passenger A-pillar. The floors were previously patched (thank god, that would've been a nightmare). The passenger fender was gone and the paint/clear coat was peeling. I also blew 2 brake hardlines last year. I got most of the kinks out of her right now and am slowly getting her back into shape.

Thankfully my gf is supportive enough to not get in my way (also she doesn't know the overall price tag). She knows I want to be burried in this car
He doesn't have a website as far as I know, and he deals mainly on ebay. I'll dig up the details and send them over to you. Like any well done piece for an E30, it takes a little time to get, and he is a bit slow responding to emails but the finished product is truly worth it. Its a shame you are all the way up in Canada as I'd have you come feel it for yourself in person.

Its amazing where you find rust on these cars. The only spots we found some initial rust were the Licence Plate Lamps, The rear Diving board mounting holes, and the Battery vent in the trunk. We cut it all out and refinished to ensure no further spread. I also switched a whole front drivers side fender which was had the beginning of what could be considered a problem, as I didn't want to risk it spreading under the new paint job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by conrad325i View Post
Very nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMP Performance View Post
Perfect! Don't change a thing.

That interior is amazing. I love the details.
Thanks
Appreciate 0