08-30-2016, 12:14 PM   #72
whats77inaname
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: when at all possible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Properstyle View Post
whats long boarder take on this since he had the metal tank?
Patron has the metal tank, as well. Which is why he recommended a tank made of something else besides aluminum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longboarder View Post
I would recommend the standard 5 gallon tank for capacity and ease of access if racing is your thing and to place it in the rear passenger side near where the battery sits and get a lighter battery (i.e. Z4M) to offset the weight. But it's not stealth and it intrudes on trunk space.

But this concept is fantastic and one that I would do again if I needed my full trunk. Issue is getting a large enough capacity as the larger the capacity, the more efficient the system will be and the cooler the water temps will be for longer.
A gallon of water weighs in @ ~8.35 lbs, so that's almost 42lbs of add'l weight. How much does the Z4M battery weigh? Last month I switched to the Mini battery and saved ~20lbs.

I thought about the passenger's side briefly, but I have a MusicarNW sub box over the battery, which negates that. The design I'm working on will have easy access and a vented lid so no vent-hole will be needed . My hope is that the plastic won't retain and then transfer anywhere near the amount of heat the aluminum does, so that it will match the efficiency of the 5 gal metal tank.

Last edited by whats77inaname; 08-30-2016 at 12:34 PM..
Appreciate 0