Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lat77 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by XKxRome0ox View Post
it's possible that someone tries to game the system and return oil from not just one car but multiple cars that use the same oil and filter
how can FCP tell for sure? i have no idea
they probably can't
but if people started returning engine oil kits every month or 2, then FCP might put limitations on the policy
that'd screw it up for everyone

that's just one possibility i can think of
As mentioned above that's a lot of work. Not many people are willing to drain their old oil, pack it up, and drive it to the post office (and pay return shipping). Only the DIYers would be in for this anyway. I doubt my Indy Mechanic would be willing to fill up the old bottles...wouldn't even ask to be honest. Not for $80 of product.

I'm pretty sure FCP doesn't even run into this problem. Otherwise they'd more than likely have a policy where fluids couldn't be returned more than 2-3x per year for the same car.

For something like oil I just don't do it often enough to make a return worth it.

If it were something really hurting them it simply wouldn't be offered.
I have been changing around 3k to 5k Miles. With two DD that's a lot of oil changes. An oil change kit is $140 from FCP Euro. They pay shipping. I'm looking at 6 to 8 oil changes per year @$140 each. I'll bet if you told your Indy about FCP Euro they would be happy to put the oil back in the containers. Who doesn't like a savings?
Appreciate 0