Rep
Drives: e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlrid3r View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lienrocs View Post
Second update for all you DIYer's. When you go to install the hubs make sure you have a very thin wall socket. I'm using a sonic 18 mm and I can't tighten down the lower two bolts. Just a heads up.
thanks for the update, I got an email from Strom mentioning your find with the threaded caliper mount. thank you for the leg work on that part.

which two lower bolts are you talking about? To mount the hub bearing?

thanks
No problem!

Correct. The lower two bolts to mount the upright to the bearing. I may just have some thick tools but just wanted to give everyone a heads up so they can plan accordingly.
Just installed one side. I'll install the driver side another day. Install was a easy and straight forward. I didn't have issues with the 2 lower bolts. Mainly because I had upgraded to ARP bolts and it uses a 12 point m14 socket. I did have issue with my brake cooling duct. Clearly it was made for OEM upright. So modifications was necessary.
///M3... Don't want more power, Just want it to turn sharper one step closer each time. -Ohlins TTX Raceline, PolePostions seats, Akrapovic EVO, ARC-8, 1/2 Cage, Seat Delete, Stoptech BBK, solid Subframe and diff bushing, spherical bearing on everything.
Appreciate 0