View Single Post
      05-12-2010, 08:07 PM   #106
Guibo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
Have you looked at Ferrari prices lately? I dont think anyone has made 20-40% on a ferrari in a while. My friend recently sold a 430 Scud for 260K (was 350K new) with only a couple thousand miles...so no money being made there either.
My father has been shopping for a 360 spyder or 430 spyder and values have dropped A LOT. you can buy 550 maranellos for 75K, and saw a 2001 360 spyder with 22k miles for 75k the other week...so value are way down on them too.
Performance for $ doesnt matter because they are always different levels.
Porsche charges for the high end stuff because they KNOW they can get people to pay, bmw and audi cant ay the same. But without a doubt what you pay for, you get, because they CF, etc are immaculate.
Yes, finally 6 years after the F430 debuted and with the release of its successor, the V8 car prices are starting to tank. I never said they wouldn't.
Agreed, and that's what I've been trying to explain to certain stubborn elements on this forum.
Having sat in the Porsche Turbo and in a F430, do you honestly think the leather of the quality is the same on both cars? I can honestly say, no, the Porsche's leather does not match that of the Ferrari, even if the Porsche's stitches may be straighter (no doubt due to more extensive automation). There was some clue to me even standing 6 feet away from an F430 convertible with its top down.
Appreciate 0