dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaehshim View Post
hey guys,
my name is Jae with an E90 M3 from NYC/NJ area.
I'm planning to stay in Chicago for 4~6 weeks around Norwegian American Hospital (60622), and wondering a few things

1. I plan to drive there, either M3 or my cheap daily. I really want to take the M3 (i've done a lot of NJ -> Univ of Michigan trips yrs ago when I was in college and loved it, also wanna make a few trips on the way and back). I'm wondering how the neighborhood around that hospital (60622) is. I was informed that the hospital parking is fine, just wondering if it's "safe" around that neighborhood. I'm from NYC and I know how bad a "city commute/parking" can be.

2. I've searched a few Air Bnb places around 60622 and prices seem to vary A LOT ($800~3000 a month). Where's a decent place to get housing IN CITY, or maybe nice,quiet SUBURB area (since I'll have my car I can commute)?

thanks guys!

60622 includes some very popular & trendy neighborhoods like Wicker Park, hence the high prices. You will definitely enjoy that part of the city if you want easy access to food, shopping, nightlife, entertainment, etc. However, that zipcode also includes and borders some less-desirable neighborhoods which is why you are seeing some very cheap stuff. It's a very dense part of the city and parking around there is going to suck. Many people there either don't have a car or they're content to just let it sit on the street and get bashed up.

If you are trying to stay near that hospital, my advice is to use something like Spot Hero and do a monthly garage rental somewhere in the vicinity. This will keep the car off the street but you may need to walk a few blocks to fetch it. I did a quick check on Spot Hero and there are secured garages for about $250/month, which seems like a good price to keep the car safe. PM me if you want a referral code or anything. If you can't find stuff on Spot Hero, try searching Craigslist for a personal private garage -- maybe someone has an extra spot you can rent for a month.

Otherwise, I would say stay somewhere else in the city with better parking and more choice in housing. You can just use public transit or Lyft/taxi to get to the hospital. We have very good public transit and a lot of amazing neighborhoods to experience.
jaehshim492.00