04-13-2013, 02:10 PM   #10
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PandaM3 View Post
I need an OC shop too. I've called the ones on Yelp as well as a few other recommended BMW shops, but none can give me a straight answer as far as what maintenance my car needs and what the cost is.

I call the shops asking what's the cost of oil change, spark plugs, steering fluid flush, brake fluid flush, trans flush, and diff flush... And they all can't give me an answer... Instead they all say bring the car in for a diagnostic as the computer tells you what it needs. I tell them I bought the car used, I don't know what the previous service history is, and I plan to track the car once a month so I can't go by BMW's recommended schedule. So they tell me the computer tells me when the plugs where last changed, when the steering/ trans/ diff fluids where changed, and all I need to do is follow what it says.

Why can't a shop just tell me how much the above services are out here in south Orange County?!?!?

I looked up the diy's and they all seem easy enough except the plugs since I don't have the right tools for that...

I might just do the maintenance myself since I have the advantage of working on my schedule, I can ensure my own QC, I can ensure I'm using the right parts and fluids.

I want to use the place near where I work, but they couldn't even tell me what oil I needed or how frequent the plugs need changing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastmike View Post
Try Coast Motor Werk, they're a BMW/Mini only shop. They have two locations Huntington Beach and Irvine. High ratings on Yelp.

I got a PPI done at the Irvine location and chatted with the owner Ron for a while he seemed pretty knowledgeable. Prices seem pretty good and they seem pretty thorough. M3 oil change is about $208 and a battery was $250 iirc.

One thing to note is they geared towards OEM maintenance and repair. I asked if they could install aftermarket pads they didn't want to do it.

I actually sent my friend to Coast Motor Werk to have his BMW 328i E46 serviced on. They replaced a sensor for $250 and he was out very quickly and he told me that they were very genuine and explained what was wrong with his car.

Also whenever I pass by there to fill up gas, I see the nicest BMW's some that are completely stock and some that are modded, which means they must be doing something right. They also have great reviews, so I'm thinking I will start servicing my car there. I will have to get my spark plugs changed next month and I will go to them because my dealer is charging me $600 to have them changed. Completely absurd, the spark plugs are ~$10 each, there isn't 60 cylinders -_-