View Single Post
      02-09-2022, 02:22 PM   #75
neilum
Captain
Rep
Drives: 991.2 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYT_Shadow View Post
I can't stand catless, but I've had multiple friends get BW xpipes and then buy gesi cats and have them welded in after the x. You get almost all the power of the catless xpipe but without so much smell.

No idea which cats the challenge xpipe uses, but where is their x? Unless it's up front I'm not interested.
Curious why there wouldn't be any interest in a non-forward x pipe.

Is it reliability or power?

If the latter how much, truly? This is not a track car I just want it to sound good, gain a little power and not break anything. I am not chasing any particular power goal personally but I am always looking to learn something!

This also may be of interest to this community as a general discussion because the xpipe and idea behind this thread is pretty much thrown out the window now. I've read about the preference for forward oriented xpipes, but never saw specifics as to why, just general ideas i.e, better scavenging of exhaust gases and a little more power but the negatives are more rasp.

Great thread, and either way I will post a clip in here when I get my setup done with the RKP sport. ACM is installing everything on the 21st of the month.
Appreciate 0