05-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #22
M3 vert
Lieutenant Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: F10 M5, E93 M3, '12 750ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
Ya, that's why I got the 2009. I've owned MBs in the past but skipped the 2000-2006 period (1998-2007; the "Chrysler era") My 1990s era cars were tanks. And the 2008-2009 are not too shabby either.
Another reason for avoiding the W212, other than it's body design, is the "new model" syndrome. I'd rather wait until the gremlins get worked out in successive builds.

Also, with the current economy I wonder what shortcuts are going to be made by all mfgs concerning quality.

And then there's the disgruntled workers who have had pay cuts and reduced benefits. And vendors who are running on shoestring budgets........
You do realise that the 2009 Model E-Class generation was designed during the chrysler era

and the only difference for MY2009 is that the components were assembled by workers working under 100% mercedes management, who ironically enough probably also worked during the chrysler era! and on top of that components used should be pretty much the same (80-90% atleast) unless there was a facelift b/w the chrysler and modern merc era....probably not!

So to be very honest the new mercedes e-class will be produced components wise from the ground-up by the mercedes division. and perhaps when it was designed, there might have been some feedback from the chrysler division which explains the hideousness rear tail lights and the weird front end...
Appreciate 0