View Single Post
      05-10-2022, 05:40 PM   #774
Tigamilla
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by drwankel View Post
Regarding sound settings- an update on my experiences so far.

The missing bass is restored with the EQ set to flat. The question now is- does the DSP need further adjustment, or is a flat EQ an exact match?

Testing is needed, but one odd ball thing I've noticed. The overall volume of the P2000 is slightly less than the CIC. I noticed the system volume looks like its maxed out at 30 in the P2000 menu, with navigation volume set to 25. However, the volume max is actually 32 not 30.

Increasing the volume to 32 gets it seemingly back inline with the rest of the CIC, but this introduces distortion. Specifically, I noticed the navigation voice in waze had distortion when the system volume was raised to 32. As such- I'd leave this setting alone. Keep it at 30. Have not tried raising it to 31 yet either.

As far as the rest of the EQ, I too have noticed that going to far with it introduces distortion. My initial testing with an iphone DB app suggested modifying the EQ with the following settings:

31HZ: +5
63hz +2
80Hz +1
160hz +4
375hz +0

I'm unclear if this is introducing distortion or not. You can try these settings and see how they sound to you.

The testing I did was the following- Download a test tone, example, 31hz. Play the tone natively in CIC, monitor the DB level with a DB reader, and record it. Go into the P2000, play the same test tone, and modify the EQ for that tone to get the DB level to be an exact match.

Realistically, I need to redo these tests with a standalone DB meter, and do the test directly from carplay (initial testing was done with the media player in the P2000), but its a starting point.

Again- we may very well need no adjustment at all. The slight system volume differences could have very well made my testing invalid.

Put these in today, it's perfect. Many thanks to you sir!
Appreciate 0