View Single Post
      02-26-2020, 08:24 AM   #1520
M3MPH1S
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E92 M3

Just got my bearings done by Harrison Motorsports in Atlanta. Need to re-take a better picture, but the results were cylinder 1 and 2 bearings were the only ones worn down to the copper. Was originally interested in BE for replacement bearings, but availability has been scant and the shop owner stands by the latest revision of OEM bearings. He has used them on his own M3 and they also offer a 2 year warranty. His opinion is that ANY bearing on an engine such as the S65 should be considered a consumable at the 100k+ mile range. Also, in my mind, if my engine held up this well on original bearings, I'm inclined to believe I have a "good" engine that won't be "more prone" to failure by "bad" OEM bearings (if it ain't broke, don't fix it?). But only time will tell. Good thing for the warranty

2010 E92 M3 (09/09 production), 163k miles, 30 track days. Purchased in 2015 with 42k miles, oil changed every ~8k miles with BMW Twin Power 10w-60. Daily driven year round in AL/GA climate, primarily highway miles. Always warmed up properly, but never held back from revving all the way out once oil was up to temp.

The last Blackstone test before I decided to change the bearings

Name:  blackstone.JPG
Views: 752
Size:  201.6 KB

And the bearings

Name:  old rod bearings.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  594.6 KB
Appreciate 3