Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrippy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mapster37 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
its the same recall on the non m e9x that came out years ago. they finally now included the m3 and diesel variants to the recall. basically its splicing in a new power cable that feeds the fuse box behind the glovebox....
No splice. A complete new cable point to point is ran.

FYI:Make sure they put your carpet and panels back in correctly. They broke almost all the tabs in my passenger doorsill and did not properly reinstall my carpet.
incorrect, ive done about a hundred of them. the recall is a b+ power wire that you splice in. not point to point, that would mean replacing the cable from the battery to the fuse box
My recall was replaced point to point. I back tracked their work as they left the carpet pulled out along my passenger door as well as two of the grey plastic tabs out on the grey carpet in the trunk. Prior to this I marked my positive cable in a few locations to know what was done. No markings anywhere on my cable after recall work. Have you performed these recalls in LA area?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
its the same recall on the non m e9x that came out years ago. they finally now included the m3 and diesel variants to the recall. basically its splicing in a new power cable that feeds the fuse box behind the glovebox....
No splice. A complete new cable point to point is ran.

FYI:Make sure they put your carpet and panels back in correctly. They broke almost all the tabs in my passenger doorsill and did not properly reinstall my carpet.
incorrect, ive done about a hundred of them. the recall is a b+ power wire that you splice bin. not point to point, that would mean replacing the cable from the battery to the fuse box
My recall was replaced point to point. I back tracked their work as they left the carpet pulled out along my passenger door as well as two of the grey plastic tabs out on the grey carpet in the trunk. Prior to this I marked my positive cable in a few locations to know what was done. No markings anywhere on my cable after recall work. Have you performed these recalls in LA area?
ive never heard of replacing the complete cable, but it is what it is. im in Florida. so ive never had any experience with cali cars
Appreciate 0