View Single Post
      02-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #73
JAJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMRLVR View Post
...With 0.25" shorter Bump-stops and 0.55" shorter Guide-supports (0.25"+0.55"=0.8") I now will have the full OEM suspension travel with my 0.8" lower Eibachs installed.
Before you completely reassemble your suspension with the new parts, you might want to trial fit the new bump stops and guide supports without the springs installed. Once they're in place, put the tire back on, jack up the front suspension until it's loaded on the bumpstop and see if the tire interferes with the inside of the wheel well through the full span of the steering wheel from lock to lock.

I'm thinking that there's a risk that you may have added enough travel that the tire will now travel upwards far enough to hit the inside of the wheel well.

Dinan would have done this exercise, and they only lowed the car about 0.4". If 0.8" is too far, some shims under the bump stop will make sure your tire doesn't contact the inside of the wheel well.

I'll be very interested to hear how this goes - more travel is a good thing, and an extra 0.8" is a significant upside if it works.
Appreciate 0