06-26-2017, 05:39 PM   #20
flxfxp
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3 Grey

Garage List
2009 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
I didn't; for the past 7 months it didn't give me an error. Until last week.
It's a coincidence that you responded to this thread, because I was about to respond to this thread.

It seems that it has reared it's ugly head again, and I can't figure out for the life of me why this suddenly is happening. It can't be the ambient temperature, because it was heavily giving errors during (Norcal) winter. Now it's warmer, it doesn't make sense.

Yesterday I drove down to San Jose to pick up a package. This was at highway speeds with an outside temp of 74F.

On the way over, it kept making errors, over and over again:

I was in 7th gear and driving at a normal pace, no hard accelerations, downshifts etc.

After I picked up my package (car was briefly turned off) and went home, I didn't get any errors at all:

This whole problem is making me tear my hair out, I simply don't get it. I don't think it's a faulty controller because the last time during winter it flipped out completely and there was the distinct smell of clutch burn. Maybe it's the cooling system or pump? Maybe a clog?

$100 for the person who can put disseminate this problem logically and give a good suggestion, without randomly swapping out parts again.

Cheers,
Dennis
Appreciate 0