View Single Post
      08-12-2014, 03:48 PM   #43
TahoeM3
Major
Rep
Drives: F-type R, GTR, X5 50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sered View Post
It does. You either modify the crossbeam or cut it off. Pretty easy work for a competent exhaust shop.

And +1 on the Megan, with TPs it definitely has that proper V8 growl but with a very mature mellow baritone added in at medium0higher rpms. Sounds amazing with the top-down, very exotic. As exotic as a crossplane V8 can be.

Most of these other exhausts that people are paying ridiculous sums of money for all sound mostly like crap to me. I think the Eisenmann sport is the only one that doesn't sound like a raspy, nasty mess. Most of the others (like the Akra) just sound like its coming out of a tin can complete with rattling rocks IMO. However, I've found that many in the BMW crowd have very different tastes for sound than the rest of the car community. They like rasp, popping, and major burbling (all indicators of a poor street exhaust design)
I really have a problem with cutting off a crossbeam. Is this separate from the brace that had to be removed when they installed my Borla? I was originally going to go with the Megan until I realized it didn't fit.

And I agree with you on the other points.
Gone but not forgotten: '12 X5M, '07 AM SuperVantage, '05 Boxster S, '01 BMW M3,...
Appreciate 0