View Single Post
      04-05-2020, 05:32 AM   #44
IamFODI
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 6MT

Always found it fascinating how people respond on this topic.

I completely understand and generally agree with what simpleM3 is saying. There's enough evidence of a problem that it's reasonable to address it preemptively; at the same time, the evidence often seems overstated and the issue as a whole seems overblown. Often, not always. Overstated/overblown, not nonexistent. Seems pretty straightforward to me.

It's amazing how completely unacceptable that opinion is to so many people. Like, it's not just that people understand and reject it; they often don't even seem to get it in the first place. Someone always comes in with "you're either with us or against us". I.e., either you completely agree with everything said about how OE bearings suck and need to be replaced with aftermarket, or you think they're completely fine and never need to be touched.

I can't be the only one who feels like this is a needless forfeiture of social capital in this community. Shouldn't it be okay for some of us to have stronger or weaker opinions than others? Why get tribal over this?

Last edited by IamFODI; 04-05-2020 at 05:49 AM..
Appreciate 3
ha998193.50
Davisca4552207.50