View Single Post
      01-21-2014, 11:41 AM   #12
W///
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: F82GTS, E36/E92M3, Z4M

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
My car is going in next week for new tires and to have the ZCP wheels re-painted. After three plus years of ownership, the OEM black studs are showing their age with lots of oxidation and generally they look like crap. Talking to the mechanic who will be doing the install and he mentioned converting to studs. I am interested but not sure where to look.

I have looked at EAS and Turner Motorsport and they both have multiple options. Not looking for anything to fancy and want to stay with black. Any suggestions?

EAS has a Macht Schnell conversion kit but the nuts are fairly plain looking. Was also intrigued by the Blox Street series in black. Anyone have these with comments/guidance?

Another option is Turner offers OEM size bolts in black satin. Being Turner I assume these are good quality.

Thanks in advance for any comments/suggestions!
My lugs looked pretty bad too (but mine were 5 year old). I also wanted to do wheel locks, but decided to go chrome to provide some contrast to the gunmetal face. I just bought these cheap lug bolt covers for cheap :

FYI, replacement lugs are only $2.5 each. The reason I decided to skip on lug nuts is because I don't change my wheels all that often, and kind of scared of the idea of using Loctite in the hub (I'm sure that's a misconception, but I was ok with lug bolts).
07 E85 Z4M Roadster, Alpine White/Red, 6MT
99 E36 M3, Techno Violet/Dove Grey, 6MT
Appreciate 0