10-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #13
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sovereignty View Post
and you still think they are unbiased ! by the way, i don't think the CTS-V is a "purpose-built for the track" car ! correct me if I am wrong
I didn't say that C&D is generally unbiased; I was referring to this test in isolation. I take everything I read in the car mags with a grain of salt.

Maybe "purpose built for the track" was the wrong expression. But when you drop an engine pushing 550 hp and 550 lb-ft of torque into a car that size with a reasonably stiff suspension, it will haul a$$. Will it make it around the track as cleanly and with as much finesse as its European competion? No, but the Americans and the Europeans have always skinned the proverbial cat in different ways.

Other than not including certain foreign cars, which I mentioned above, how was this particular test manifestly biased? Did they put 3rd graders behind the wheels of the European cars? Sure the rags generally have an agenda, but its petty when readers scream bias when the cars they prefer don't come out on top.