View Single Post
      01-20-2008, 04:28 PM   #161
gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Actually you are correct

I have not driven the vishnu? car but I have driven the AC Schnitzer tuned 335 with about 350 HP, lowered, with exhaust and modded suspension, done by the Germans who have a lot more experience than the procede boys. but hey we have the autobahn over here and a few more open roads and tracks close by.

I own a 335 convert and an 08 Corvette C-6 and will be getting an M3 in March/April but I do track the car and we have areas of the Autobahn with no speed limit so It is a different world

I reread your post(s) and since you do not drive the car at the track, and only need it for traffic, a 335 would be a fine car for you. The 328 would easily meet your needs as well.

It really is not a badge thing, however the M-3 is not a car to weave in and out of traffic, it is snappy alright, but you will never use the car so you are right, no need to spend the extra bucks.

I like you, dislike car buyers who buy performance only to be a poser. You say only need snappy. The vishu 335 will give you bragging rights and additional boost. The voiding of warranty is disconcerting, because most of the other more established tuners cover you.

Glad to hear you dont work for them, I detest trolls

good luck in your choice

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaster View Post
Nobody is trolling here (except maybe for you). Money is not the issue. Spending $50K or $70K on a car is not gonna make much of a difference. As I said to somebody else before on these forums "just becasue you have the money it doesn't mean you MUST give it away". The M3 has to "earn" my business if you get my drift.

Unlike you, I have NOT yet taken a position or else I would no still be driving my E46. I am waiting for the M3 just like a few others here to see it its worth my money. I am not the type of person who would get on the M3 waiting list without knowing if the car is for me.

I hardly drive the car to the track. I just need a really snappy car merging in and out of traffic around the city. Sometimes I let it rip out on the desert roards.

It wasn't a complement but you knew that already. You obviously have not experienced both either. I suggest you do unless of course you have already made up your mind. I have nothing to do with Vishnu, I only test-drove a friend's car with the tune.