08-15-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
Giggs
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: R8

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3alabama View Post
The only thing I do not think should be changed is the low fuel chime. 1/4 tank on this car is pretty freakin low given its milage and I sure as hell want to know when I am at a quarter if I somehow am not paying attention that day.

By the time of 1/8th its really too late if you were in any unfamiliar area-or atleast you would be streching it.

You really should not be driving your car on less than a quarter tank regularly which sounded like you were doing that if it was annoying you. Other than that the features sound cool!
I never necessarily waited for the chime to go off. I was always aware of how much gas I had. It was just annoying that the chime went off at 1/4 when that really is not the critical fuel threshold while driving in the city when there's a gas station on practically every corner. If I were to be driving through a rural area I make sure to fill up before I go in. The nice thing about coding your car is that you can pick and choose which items you want and don't want. Its worth it to have the ones you want done coded. Definitely a nice finishing touch to the car!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom @ eas View Post
Good seeing you as always, appreciate the kind words.

Interesting on the DCT, glad to get a different perspective after some driving time as I did not feel much of a difference in shift feel, but it may be a bit different being supercharged. I've programmed a couple of other DCT-equipped M3s and they are providing the same feedback as you.

If anything, it's definitely a convenience of the DCT simply remembering what mode you left off in. I haven't been on the forums much lately, but can say we'll be releasing some really exciting new stuff soon.

Glad you are happy with the new profile changes, don't be a stranger.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneatals View Post
my fuel reserve is also coded to go at 1/8 versus the oem 1/4...like I stated in another thread, it's not that I wait for the reserve warning to go off, I (and I hope most that have this coding feature) gas up somewhere between 1/4 and 1/8 of a tank and just don't want that annoying warning sign or gong.
^this
Appreciate 0