View Single Post
      06-04-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
screamguitar47
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

nothin' but problems with my CPO 2008 M3...Advice needed

Hi All,
I bought my 2008 CPO M3 within the past couple of months. It only had 27K miles on it and was in great shape.

Noticed pretty quickly that there was something wrong with the manual transmission. At times it would not go into gear, sometimes it would pop out of gear, and every once in a while in second gear it would act like a bucking bronco (almost as if i was taking my foot off and then slamming on the gas repeadedly).

Brought it in for service, and they diagnosed a bad transmission, and replaced it for me. this was about two weeks ago.

The new trans was great for a couple days, however now i am having a really hard time getting into gear again. R, 1-3 are all really resistant and hard to shift into, 4 is fine every time, and 5 and 6 are tough to get to as well (although not as resistant as R, 1-3)

Further, it seems as if the clutch is not totally disengaging...its weird, as I shift i hear a pretty significant clunking sound and can also feel it...a little hard to explain. And yes, the clutch is all the way to the floor when I shift.

Anyway, here are the questions:
1) does anyone know about how lemon law works on a CPO car? Do I have any options here?
2) any ideas as to what could be causing my ongoing transmission woes? Was it a poor install job? Can something in the tranny be adjusted?

Anyway, open to any feedback you might have. thanks for reading.