02-01-2012, 03:23 PM   #17
mdosu
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Double Vanos'd Civic-M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudyP View Post
Does this require any BMW Assist subscription or is it just a part of the car? I have a 2011 and officially my traffic is turned on but I have never seen any traffic info on iDrive. Perhaps it is my city (Columbus, OH) that is too small to have traffic reporting.
nope it's free indefintely until the contract with BMW drys up with their provider, read the FAQs on the link in my earlier post.

As it relates to Columbus, OH. I've noticed this as well and it's def. accurate. I'm from the Columbus area (HS, college), and though I only go back to visit my parents on weekends/holidays now, there's just not enough traffic in Columbus to report. You should see the list on the DC area on a rainy day, probably 35+ entries.

The term of "traffic disruption" in Columbus terms is nothing vs DC, LA, NYC and other major metro area. For instance, on I-66 here in VA, there's stopped/20mph traffic both ways EVERYDAY and at all hours. This is traffic. No matter how you cut it, the rush hour traffic on SR-315 in Columbus pales in comparison.

BTW, this feature is super useful on interstates in the middle of nowhere, it's very accurate.
Appreciate 0