View Single Post
      08-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #1
SaMaster14
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: '23 G80 M3C xDrive; '13 e92 M3

Garage List
Took the SL550 for a cruise (Video)

Long story short, my mom's car needed a new tire, she took my car out, and my dad wasn't going anywhere, so I took his car up to Calabasas to visit a friend. Took the canyons/PCH home and brought along my GoPro.

Not really my best work; I didn't know how the angles would work with the top down, and the wind really muffled any exhaust the Mercedes has (Actually sounded quite amazing at higher revs with the top down, but the GoPro didn't catch much of it...). Plus, I matched the music after I took the videos, so the music may not really match the video...

All in all, car kinda sucked on the twisties... I could feel the torque and power, but it felt almost lazy for lack of a better word. The gearbox was sluggish compared to the DCT in my 335is, and downshifts didn't register a couple of times.

Although, the car SHINED on PCH and up on the more flat/straight roads in Calabasas. Top down was fun, and cruising was amazing. So much power at your disposal.

Some might find this enjoyable, so I thought I would share anyways. If you get bored watching, don't bit my head off

ALSO, some of those driving clips were SPED UP... I actually didn't go over 55 on PCH (there are parts of the road that are 50mph speed limit); and as I said before, I didn't push too hard on the canyons... the car is a boat!

2023 G80 M3 Competition xDrive Isle of Man Green on Kyalami Orange full leather - 826M black wheels - Carbon Fiber Trim - Carbon Bucket Seats - Executive/Driving Assist/Parking Packages - Laserlight - M Shadowline Lights - M Drive Pro - CS Trans/Diff/Steering Coding
2013 E92 M3 Mineral White on Bamboo Beige noviello leather (Base w/ Nav, Comfort Access, Lighting Pack) - DINAN Stage 1 and Free Flow Axle-Back Exhaust
Appreciate 0