View Single Post
      02-25-2021, 07:47 PM   #68
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

I figured that out if you want send me DM but never tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DubSport View Post
Thanks to SaNGRia and SYT_Shadow for these very helpful posts and comments! Way to contribute to the enthusiast community!

I was able to successfully flash ECU to latest 241E last night using instructions in this thread w/NCSExpert. MSSFlasher didn't work for me due to it being hardcoded to a COM port that was already in use on my laptop.

Note that I bought the wrong cable to begin with (regular K+DCAN cable from one-stop-electronics - don't make same mistake I did), which would have bricked my ECU. But before I attempted to flash my ECU I was able to update the firmware on this cable to the latest which makes it reliable for ECU flashing. Flashing the cable itself was a pain and involved purchasing an Arduino board and jumper cables ($15 in total) but in the end it worked. My advice is to stick to the bimmergeeks 'expert' cable or better.

Double thanks to SYT_Shadow as I also just finished my rod bearing job by following a lot of his DIY.

Now, if someone could just figure out the hex coding so that we could remove cold start without having to buy additional $50 software license.
, F85 ACC Retrofit
Appreciate 0