View Single Post
      09-16-2019, 08:59 AM   #19
M_Chronos
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1pher View Post
It doesn’t matter how much over the speed limit I am going, there is always someone else on my ass wanting to go faster. If I’m already in the slow lane, and all I can see is the whites of their eyes, I incrementally slow down by five miles an hour until they finally decide to pass. If I’m in the fast lane, I move over as soon as I’m done passing. Unfortunately this does not please everyone.
So much this; and you and I drive in the same region. Worst bit is I don't think most of these folks want to actually go faster. They mindlessly meander along clueless of their speed until they encounter another car in front then begin mindlessly following at way too close distances. I'll never know how it's possible it takes 20+ mph of reduced speed to get someone's mind engaged to think "huh, something has changed here, perhaps I should consider passing."

Recently on an empty rural WV highway I eased a guy behind me from 75 to 90 then all the way down to 60. His very close following distance never changed nor did his mouth-agape 1000 yard stare, and he was not in a model of car that would have active cruise. People effing baffle me.
Appreciate 3
clee1982797.50
arashir164.00