View Single Post
      01-17-2020, 06:37 AM   #1
Properstyle
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 ZCP m3

Properstyle's Carbon roof E90M

Please like and subscribe.

So I guess one could say I am a bit behind with making a journal on this car, I've had it for going on 2 years now next month and so far it's been great with its small share of downs. I decided I would start Vbloging the builds as I've found its often easier for me to speak off the cut about a car instead of getting lost in thought trying to write down everything I am thinking in regards to passion for cars.

My point of doing this Channel is to be transparent about everything. Something I've found with the E9x platform seems to be lot of close held knowledge instead of putting it out there for others maybe more less caring that are willing to push the envelope to see more. The car has reach a price point stability where it is now cheap enough that younger buyers who are power hungry to see or reach a limit. A big reason imo the f8x market has taken off is the willingness of companies to working together in healthy competition to be first to milestone and customers willing being open about what they have done to their car to reach point a or b. So i plan to do the same.

I Purchased the car from micheal who purchased it from the original owner Justin out of Oklahoma. The car happens to be 1 of the few cars IND produced a carbon fiber roof for, since the sedan was never optioned for such. The car was located in Maryland with 72k miles on the original rod bearings, Car was still NA but had some nice tasteful mods such as a Stop tech tropy kit front and rear, along with a set of AST 5300s which I replaced for CLub sports to achieve the height I wanted out of the car. Car was on stock comp wheel that were removed for a set of F14 super deep concave 19x10s, 19x11s. The exhaust was stock that I replaced with a catless Active auto Gen 2 from the header back.

This was my 3rd E90m at this point and honestly after having one being supercharged I could never see my self driving a NA one again and be happy. While I believed the car had been well maintained I still choose to do the rod bearings just for pc of mind before installing a Ess 625kit blower. Rod bearing were replaced with a set of BE units with Arp bolts.

I made contact with mike at BPM and purchased a tune for this car using the large Bosch green injectors for my blower kit combined wit a 3.6in pulley. On a 93 octane tune the car produced 565whp on a dyno jet after 3 runs. after being relocated to killeen texas for work, I drove the car out to AZ for training where I continued to enjoy the car for 3 months, after returning back to Tx I finaly got to attend the Dallas wanna go fast Half mile where the car managed to run an averge of 154mph from a true dead stock 1/2 mile run. I attended this even after making another pulley swap to a 3.48. the car performed well and drove there and back with no hiccups.

The following year I purchased a set of bosch 123 injectors (600cc injector) and purchased a reflash from bpm. The weather was starting ot finally warm up some so I attended a Sunday test and tune at littler river raceway, The track prep was not the greatness and with no way to drive around the water box it was tough to put down any power off the line. My second pass of the day with a 3400rpm launch the put down the fastest E90M 1/4 time of 10.9 at 127.7 for a stock motor in 2800 DA. What made this pass important to me was doing it with Full interior with no parts removed, 1/2 of gas and on 295/30/19s.

While it is clear I could have gone much faster reducing weight or running 18s my goal with the car was to run a time in daily driven status. alot of changes have sense been made and I full intent on going bottom tens when everything is full dialed in.
Attached Images

Last edited by Properstyle; 06-25-2020 at 10:27 AM..
Appreciate 1