View Single Post
      12-04-2011, 08:06 PM   #35
Chachi112
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 CTS-V Coupe, 2015 M3

straight from the newest car and driver...
"There’s a key philosophical difference between the M3 and the C63 that is best illustrated by their roofs. To save weight and lower the center of gravity, the M3 has a carbon-fiber roof panel. Every C63 coupe has a giant glass sunroof that adds weight up high. The M3 is more than 400 pounds lighter and has a 1.5-inch-lower center of gravity—two reasons the BMW enjoys livelier handling than the C63. Directional changes happen faster and more lucidly while the tires give up grip more progressively, making the M3 easier to gather back up. From the manual gearbox to the higher-revving engine, the M3 is the more involving car."
Sooo debate over....the M is over 400 pounds lighter then the coupe....I'm sure the benz is a great car, but even with its awesome motor i can't get over the honda accord looks for 80k+....as far as the M name being plastered all over everything i agree...today a gentleman passed me driving a new X3 with a giant M badge on the back that he put on for some odd reason...that being said there is no worse offender of this then AMG...please...AMG R-Class anyone??? But to answer your question....to earn my business back BMW just has to keep doing what they are doing...if the move to the F80 is as progressive as the move from the E46 to the E92 i'm sold....if its a glorified 335 ill be moving on to a 991 911...and as far as all audis looking the same...in my humble opinion the A7 and the S5 are two of the better looking cars on the road..

Last edited by Chachi112; 12-04-2011 at 08:23 PM..
Appreciate 0