12-04-2011, 04:44 PM   #30
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by clar View Post
The only thing they need to do to keep me is make the F80 M3 lighter, nevermind how much. Looking at the M5, i already know what's in store in the next M3. It will get the M5's active differential, suspension design, a better steering (from 1M exercise), and a slightly lower spec DCT (6MT too). M3 usually gets its own bag of tricks and i suspect it will be in the engine dept. M3 drivers demand more throttle response so i am really hoping to see a tri-turbo implementation. I couldn't be happier if M makes good profit. Churn out more M models for all they want. We could always do with more options so long as they dont mess up their core M3/M5 range. I wont feel any less about my M3 even if they launch a M MPV or trailer truck.

I am very likely to buy the next M3, but my wife is already making some noise about the size of the car. She is apprehensive about driving my M3 now. Yes, she is no Danica Patrick and sucks behind the wheel I was hoping to pass the M3 to her when the M5 arrives. I am also looking at the 991 as it's a good size to manage for her. Maybe i won't tell her the F30 is slightly longer than the E90...
Yes, you have got to keep the M3 in the family when you step up to the new M5! E92 M3 handles so well, she won't even notice its size... I sure didn't when flinging it around an autocross!

Also, I tested out Porsche before putting down a deposit on the E92 M3 but I could never sit high enough and see out well enough! Okay, I know, I know, that probably makes people laugh and I'm sure it's not a problem for guys. But for us ladies, it might very well be.

The E92 has a fantastic seating position and outward visibility for... uhm... shorter people. I'm 5 foot 5 inches.